Who is the insurer of your Rent Protection cover?

  • Property Guard, a trading name of Motorplus Limited, provide our Rent Protection with Tenant Eviction cover, which is underwritten by UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance SE.

Who do I contact if I want to make a change to the policy?

  • This policy is administered by Paymentshield who can be contacted on the following details: 0345 601 1050, enquiries@paymentshield.co.uk or Paymentshield Limited, PO Box 229, Southport, PR9 9WU.

Who should I contact in the event of a claim?

  • In the event of a claim, you should contact Property Guard on 0333 043 1326. You can also contact the legal advice helpline on 0333 241 3383.

How long do I have to wait for a claim to be paid?

  • In the event of a claim, rent must be in arrears for a full month before a claim for rent payments is accepted

How long will the rent be covered in the event of a claim?

  • The rent will be covered until the tenant is evicted. Once vacant possession has been obtained following eviction, 75% of the rent will be payable for up to 2 months or until the property is reoccupied, whichever occurs sooner.

What is the cooling off period for this cover?

  • There's a 14 day cooling off period from the start of the policy. In the event of cancellation after the cooling off period, a full pro-rata refund will be given if no claim has been made.

Can I transfer my policy from one rental property to another?

  • No. If you require cover for more than one property you will need to purchase cover for each property you want to cover.

Can I increase or reduce the cover period?

  • No. If you have purchased 12 months of cover, the policy will continue to renew every year on that basis. If you then need to change it to a 6 month policy term, you'll need to purchase a new policy on that basis.