LAST UPDATED: 22nd May 2018
The following sets out how we will use and protect your personal data. We are committed to protecting your information and ensure that all policies and procedures followed are done so in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Legislation.
Who are we?
Lets Safe LLP is a Tenant Referencing and Software Services provider. Lets Safe LLP is committed to the highest standard of quality information and every attempt has been made to present up to date and accurate information. The content of the pages of our website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. However, Lets Safe LLP makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information [and any related graphics] published within this site. The information contained herein may have technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Lets Safe LLP for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance on such information is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Neither Lets Safe LLP nor any of its employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This limitation of liability applies to all damages of any kind, including direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit and claims of any third parties. The exclusions and limitations of liability in this disclaimer do not exclude or limit the liability of the Lets Safe LLP to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or representatives. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Lets Safe LLP takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Our commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we have made it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be referenced.
• the types of information we hold about you
• the purposes for which we hold this information
• how we use this information
• how long we will keep this information
• how this information is kept safe
We are the Data Controller
The Data Controller is a person or organisation that determines the purposes and the manner in which any personal data is processed. We are the Data Controller for all activities carried out by Lets Safe LLP.
How we collect and use your information
We will only use your information where we are allowed to by law e.g. carrying out an agreement we have with you, fulfilling a legal obligation, because we have a legitimate business interest or where you agree to it. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
Specific use of your data will be detailed within the terms and conditions of the service you are engaging with prior to your information being collected.
Personal Information that we hold
Information that you provide to use via this website, telephone, email or during the application process including:
• your name, date of birth, contact information/addresses (past and present)
• employment information
• income status and salary
• financial situation and credit history
• information about your past, present and future addresses and your residential status at these addresses
• information about your use of our websites
We may also hold information about you which we have received from third parties, such as credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and insurance reference agencies, which may include:-
• all the types of information mentioned in the previous paragraph;
• whether you have any adverse credit history;
• whether you have any CCJs or similar judgments against you;
• whether you have ever been bankrupt;
• details of previous address at which you have lived; and
• any references given by your existing employer and/or landlord;
Purposes of holding this information
If you are an applicant:
- we hold this information to enable us to provide tenant screening services to our clients.
If you are a guarantor:
- we hold this information to enable us to assess your suitability to undertake the agreement on behalf of our client.
If you are a landlord/agent:
- we hold this information to enable us to provide tenant screening services to you and for our own marketing and service development purposes to which you have opted in to
Why can we use your personal information in this way?
We can use your personal information in this way because our customer has informed us that they have already obtained your consent to us using your personal information and, in particular that you have agreed to electronic signing on your behalf of our Declaration of Consent form for this purpose. If this is not the case please let us know immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you no longer want us to store this information?
If you do not consent to us using your personal information in the manner for the purposes described above you must alert the managing agent or landlord immediately.
How long is personal information is stored for?
We will not hold personal information for any longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes detailed above.
All our referencing records will be held for a period, not less than six years, this enables us to retain accurate records of business transactions and allows the records to be used in any potential legal claims or complaints.
For customers, we will continue to hold your information in order to maintain an active account for you unless you request your account is closed.
We will ensure to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date any information which we hold about you. If, at any time, you discover that information which we hold about you is incorrect, you should contact us at email@example.com to have the information corrected.
How we keep your information safe
We process and hold all personal data we collect in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation and all other applicable laws relating to data protection.
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We hold electronic records on site at the address below on our secure network server and remotely on our secure web server which is managed by Microsoft Azure.
You are in control of how we use your information for marketing. We will only contact you if you have agreed it’s okay. Then, we might use your information to tell you about products and services that could interest you.
You have a number of rights relating to your information e.g. to see what we hold, ask us to update incorrect or incomplete details, to object to or restrict processing of it or to make a complaint.
- At any time, you can request a copy of all personal data held by Lets Safe LLP, along with details of the processing undertaken and any 3rd parties with whom the data is shared with. This information will be provided to you free of charge and within a month of the request being received.
- Should we, at any time, process data which is incorrect, you have the right to request this be rectified free of charge and within a month of the request being received. Where the data has been shared with 3rd parties we will take appropriate steps to ensure they are updated with the correct information.
- If at any time, our processing causes unwarranted and substantial damage or distress to you, you can request for us to delete your information. This is known as the 'right to be forgotten'. Any request received will be assessed on a case by case basis and any actions we take will be confirmed to you in writing.
- You can object to any processing being undertaken by us, however, some products and services require an element of processing for these to be provided. Where the objection relates to marketing activity, you will be able to object easily via the method of which the marketing is provided to you.
- Where you have provided your personal data on the basis of consent, you can withdraw this consent at any time. Where you withdraw your consent, and there is no lawful basis to continue processing your data we will cease the processing immediately.
Our complaints handling procedure reflects Lets Safe's commitment to serving the public. It seeks to resolve issues at the point of service delivery, and where necessary to conduct thorough, impartial and fair investigations of complaints.
The procedure introduces a standardised approach to handling complaints across the organisation. This procedure aims to help us 'get it right first time'. We want quicker, simpler and more streamlined complaints handling with local, early resolution by capable, well-trained staff.
Complaints give us valuable information we can use to improve customer satisfaction. Our complaints handling procedure will enable us to address dissatisfaction and should also prevent the problems that led to the complaint from occurring again. For our staff, complaints provide a first-hand account of the customer's views and experience, and can highlight problems we may otherwise miss.
Handled well, complaints can give our customers a form of redress when things go wrong, and can also help us continuously improve our services.
If you remain unhappy with the outcome of your complaint you have the right to raise this further with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
To find out more about GDPR, follow the links below to read the guidelines and information published by the Information Commissioner's Officer:
Terms and Conditions
Access and use of this Website and our Services is subject to the following terms and conditions. By accessing this site or placing an order for Services you signify your acceptance of the terms and conditions found here.
Contact us here.