Who are we?
Lets Safe LLP is a Tenant Screening and Software Services provider. Lets Safe LLP is committed to the highest standard of quality information and every attempt has been made to present up to date and accurate information. The content of the pages of our website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. However, Lets Safe LLP makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information [and any related graphics] published within this site. The information contained herein may have technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Lets Safe LLP for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance on such information is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Neither Lets Safe LLP nor any of its employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This limitation of liability applies to all damages of any kind, including direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit and claims of any third parties. The exclusions and limitations of liability in this disclaimer do not exclude or limit the liability of the Lets Safe LLP to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or representatives. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Lets Safe LLP takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of Lets Safe LLP – © Lets Safe 2017. All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions
Access and use of this Website and our Services is subject to the following terms and conditions. By accessing this site or placing an order for Services you signify your acceptance of the terms and conditions found here.
Our commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we have made it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be referenced.
• the types of information we hold about you
• the purposes for which we hold this information
• how we use this information
• how long we will keep this information
• how this information is kept safe
Personal Information that we hold
Information that you provide to use via this website, telephone, email or during the application process including, but not limited to:
• your name, date of birth, contact information
• employment information
• income status and salary
• financial situation and credit history
• information about your past, present and future addresses and your residential status at these addresses
• information about your use of our websites
We may also hold information about you which we have received from third parties, such as credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and insurance reference agencies, which may include:-
• all the types of information mentioned in the previous paragraph;
• whether you have any adverse credit history;
• whether you have any CCJs or similar judgments against you;
• whether you have ever been bankrupt;
• details of previous address at which you have lived; and
• any references given by your existing employer and/or landlord;
Purposes of holding this information
If you are an applicant:
- we hold this information to enable us to provide tenant screening services to our clients.
If you are a guarantor:
- we hold this information to enable us to assess your suitability to undertake the agreement on behalf of our client.
If you are a landlord/agent:
- we hold this information to enable us to provide tenant screening services to you and for our own marketing and service development purposes
How we use this information
We may contact you by post, email or telephone. If you do not want to be contacted by us you must let us know at the time your information is submitted to us. We will assume that you consent to our use of the information as explained here unless you object to us in writing at the address shown below.
We do not sell, trade or share any personal information held by us except that:
• we may disclose personal information to our legal, accounting or marketing partners or employees
• we will disclose information held by us where required to do so by law or to assist with legal proceedings
If you are a applicant, a prospective applicant or a guarantor:
• your personal information will be disclosed in part or in full to our customer (usually the person or company to whom you are applying for the property) and the account holder will be able to view the information entered on your application.
• we may also disclose your information to credit reference agencies or our insurance partners.
If you are a client, or prospective client:
• we may disclose your information to our partners
• we will disclose your information to our service providers
• You are entitled in law to receive a copy of personal information or data about you that is held by us on receipt of payment of an administration fee
• We will ensure to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date any information which we hold about you. You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error
• To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections
Your personal information may also be used:-
• for our own administrative, sales, marketing and product /service development purposes;
• in order to enable us to arrange policies (e.g., for insurance) for the landlord / letting agent of the property;
• for the prevention of fraud and money laundering;
• for debt recovery purposes;
• for direct marketing purposes;
• to make credit decision about you (which may involve credit scoring); and
• to make judgments about your suitability to rent the property and make recommendations about such matters to our customer.
To whom will your personal information be disclosed?
Unless we have your prior consent, we shall not sell, rent, trade or share any personal information which we hold except that:
• we may disclose information which is held by us where required to do so by law or in connection with legal proceedings;
• we may disclose aggregate statistics to third parties which are made up from statistics in respect of individual persons but these statistics will not include personally identifying information;
• we may disclose personal information to our legal, accounting, marketing or other professional advisers, our website hosts and our courier, postal or transport providers, and insurers (names and addresses only in the latter case);
• we may also disclose your personal information (including details about your financial history and creditworthiness) to our customer, who may in turn disclose that information to the landlord of the property;
• we may also disclose your personal information to credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies;
• we may also disclose your personal information to other agencies who maintain/compile databases of insurance claims and information for the purposes of sharing that information with providers of credit and insurance;
• we may also disclose your personal information to insurers and/or insurance agents; and
• we may disclose your personal information to third parties (such as your existing and previous employers and your existing and previous landlords) for the purpose of such persons giving us a reference about you.
Why can we use your personal information in this way?
We can use your personal information in this way because our customer has informed us that they have already obtained your express consent to us using your personal information and, in particular that you have agreed to electronic signing on your behalf of our Declaration of Consent form for this purpose. If this is not the case please let us know immediately by emailing email@example.com
If you no longer want us to store this information?
If you do not consent to us using your personal information in the manner for the purposes described above you must alert the managing agent or landlord immediately.
How long is personal information is stored for?
We will not hold personal information for any longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes detailed above.
For customers, we will continue to hold your information in order to maintain an active account for you unless you request your account is closed.
For applicants, we will hold your information throughout the tenancy and for a reasonable period of time thereafter in case there is a dispute or pending legal action.
We will ensure to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date any information which we hold about you. If, at any time, you discover that information which we hold about you is incorrect, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the information corrected.
How we keep your information safe
We process and hold all personal data we collect in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other applicable laws relating to data protection.
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We hold electronic records on site at the address below on our secure network server and remotely on our secure web server which is managed by Microsoft Azure.
Our complaints handling procedure reflects Lets Safe's commitment to serving the public. It seeks to resolve issues at the point of service delivery, and where necessary to conduct thorough, impartial and fair investigations of complaints.
The procedure introduces a standardised approach to handling complaints across the organisation. This procedure aims to help us 'get it right first time'. We want quicker, simpler and more streamlined complaints handling with local, early resolution by capable, well-trained staff.
Complaints give us valuable information we can use to improve customer satisfaction. Our complaints handling procedure will enable us to address dissatisfaction and should also prevent the problems that led to the complaint from occurring again. For our staff, complaints provide a first-hand account of the customer's views and experience, and can highlight problems we may otherwise miss.
Handled well, complaints can give our customers a form of redress when things go wrong, and can also help us continuously improve our services.
Contact us here.